Looking for a special site for your child’s birthday party? The Noah Webster House is the place. The museum is the perfect venue for a fun and unique party for boys and girls ages 6-12, except for “A Musical Birthday” which is ages 5-10. Parties at the Noah Webster House are led by our museum teachers and use the historic house and our modern gallery space.
A Birthday Bash Sleepover
Have your own night at the museum when you and your birthday girl or boy sleepover at the Noah Webster House! Cook a colonial dinner over the fire, do a craft and other activities in our lantern-lit historic house, then snuggle in your sleeping bag and watch a movie on our big screen. In the morning, have a light breakfast before heading home. For children 3rd grade and up. Pre-paid registration is required.
Program Length: Fridays 5:30 p.m. to Saturdays 8:30 a.m.
Cost: $45 per child; 2 chaperones for every 12 kids are free; additional adults pay full price.
A Musical Birthday
For ages 5-10
Your child will enjoy a lively program of music and songs with demonstrations of musical instruments, singing, games, and the chance to make an instrument to take home! A 2 hour program with the last 1/2 hour for you to open presents and enjoy birthday cake!
Cost: $200 for up to 10 children and 2 adults. Additional children are $20 each; additional adults are $10 each. Maximum is 20 children and 6 adults.
A Colonial Birthday Party
Okay, so birthdays weren’t really important in Colonial times…but they’re important to us! At a Noah Webster House Colonial Birthday Party, you and your guests get to:
- Dress in colonial costumes
- Play colonial games.
- Learn a colonial dance or have free-play in Noah’s Discovery Learning Space.
- Prepare a colonial snack (crullers, apple cider, or lemonade).
- Participate in hands-on activities in our historic house, including carding wool and weaving.
Cost: $150 for up to 10 children and 2 adults. Additional children are $15 each; additional adults are $10 each. Due to space constraints, we cannot accommodate more than 15 children and 4 adults.
A Birthday Tea
Celebrate your special day Victorian-style. Using the historic house and modern museum facilities you and your guests get to:
- Play traditional parlor games, such as Pass the Slipper.
- Make a craft of sachets or decoupage a glass jar and fill it with colorful paper flowers.
- Learn the manners and etiquette used in Victorian days.
- Wear fancy hats and gloves and use our beautiful china tea cups at a tea party serving assorted tea and cookies.
Cost: $200 for up to 10 children and 2 adults. Additional children are $20 each; additional adults are $10 each. Due to space constraints, we cannot accommodate more than 15 children and 4 adults.