The Hartford Courant is proud to announce a new pictorial history
book, “Greater Hartford Memories: A Photographic History
of the 1800s through the 1930s.” The Noah Webster House & West Hartford Historical Society will be contributing photos from its archives. But we need your family pictures too!
If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning session on August 9, 2018.
– General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
– Photos taken from 1800 through 1939.
– Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
– Photos taken in the three-county region of Hartford, Middlesex, and Tolland counties.
– One submission form per photo.
– Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
– Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
*****Download Submission Form*****
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit. You can find the form by visiting the link below:
If you are interested in participating, but unable to attend the scanning session on August 9, please note there are two other sessions in Greater Hartford:
Wednesday, August 8, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Harriet Beecher Stowe Center
77 Forest Street, Hartford, CT
Saturday, August 11, 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Windsor Historical Society
96 Palisado Avenue Windsor, CT