We need you!
At the Noah Webster House, we see thousands of visitors each year. We rely heavily upon volunteers to help us share the story of Noah Webster and his legacy, and of the history of West Hartford.
The museum is open daily 1-4 p.m. We are always looking for volunteers to help us greet visitors and to show Noah Webster’s National Historic Landmark birthplace.
You can help make learning fun by becoming a museum volunteer! Members of our dedicated volunteer corps greet and assist museum guests, lead tours of the Noah Webster House, and help out at special events like the West Hartford House Tour, Noah Webster Real Ale Harvest Festival, and Gingerbread Day.
If you’re looking to add to your resume,want to meet new people, need service hours, or just want to have fun learning something new, check out the available positions below.
Our volunteers are from all over Greater Hartford and come from a variety of backgrounds. Anyone age 15 and over can apply.
- Become an Historical Interpreter: Don’t be intimidated by the fancy title – “Historical Interpreter” is just another name for a tour guide. If you love telling people stories, this is the position for you! You will receive training for this position.
- Host or Hostess: Greet visitors, collect admissions, assist with museum shop sales, operate the orientation video, and get the museum ready for guests.
- Special Events: Help out at some of our exciting events like West Hartford Hauntings, Tavern Night, or Webster’s War of the Words.
- Internships: We offer several options for high school and college students looking for museum experience.
- Other options: There is always something going on at the Noah Webster House! Sometimes we need help with research, mailings, organizing, or even housework.
Are you ready to make a difference? Call 860-521-5362 x 11 or click on the appropriate link below: