The Noah Webster House & West Hartford Historical Society is currently hiring for the part-time, seasonal position of Museum Educator.
● To provide educational experiences for students, scouts or other museum visitors by interpreting
the daily lives of eighteenth-century Americans, the life of Noah Webster and the history of West
● To work as a team member with other staff and volunteers to ensure that the Noah Webster House
meets its mission of providing the highest quality educational experiences to all visitors and
preserving the material culture with which it is entrusted.
● To accurately teach the stories and tell about the contributions of the diverse people who have
made West Hartford their home.
● Provides accurate programs for schools, scouts, birthday parties and other groups.
● Provide direct and hands-on experience through interaction with students of varying ages and
● Completes set-up and clean-up for programs as scheduled.
● Attends training sessions and other scheduled meetings.
While not required, other opportunities may include:
● Teaching summer camp and workshops.
● Providing tours for walk-in visitors or groups.
● Assisting with public programs.
● Occasional costumed interpretation.
● Weekend and evening hours.
● Teaching experience highly desirable.
● Interest/experience in early American history and/or museums.
● Friendly and energetic disposition.
Compensation and Benefits:
● $15 per hour.
● Flexible hours. Part time as needed. School programs tend to run weekday mornings.
● Paid training starting in August
● Free or reduced admission to Noah Webster House programs.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a potential start date as early as August 2023. Please
email a cover letter and resume to the Education Department @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Noah Webster House & West Hartford Historical Society is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity
employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Revised 6/29/23 AG